Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Fish Head Curry @ Different Taste Cafe

My first fish head curry (FHC) experience was at Different Taste Cafe, 111 Frankel Ave Siglap.

I had just moved to the area so was keen to try some local fare. This variation of FHC was of Nonya/Peranakan style.

It was very much to my liking as the fish was fresh, the meat was soft and sweet and the curry gravy was slightly spicy and sour at the same time.

Much to my surprise, there is actually a lot of meat on a fish's head. And this dish is always packed with heaps of vegetables. This one had some of my favourites like pineapple, lady finger eggplant, okra and tomato. Okay, so technically two of them are classified as a fruit but who's counting?

P.S The sambal kang kong (morning glory, top left of picture) was also very tasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment