Thursday, November 26, 2009

Roast Pork @ Espirito Santo

Today is my birthday.
It is the day turn 30 and I'm actually quite excited by it all.

It happens to be a public holiday tommorrow so I'm looking forward to leaving for a long weekend to Bintan Island later in the day.

Bintan is part of Indonesia and only one hour by ferry.

I wanted to make sure I didn't repeat yesterday's events and look to eat something that will be sure to satisfy. My mind was on eggs benedict with smoked salmon though I didn't know of a place near East Coast that does a good all day breakfast.

Instead I went to Espirito Santo at Parkway Parade to have the roast pork panini. I had have this before and really enjoy it.

I must say that I love all versions of roast pork and this one was served on a soft panini roll with melted cheese, pickles, mustard and tomato, with fries and salad on the side.There was plenty of pork crackle so lots to feel guilty about.

Okay, so it's probably not the best thing to eat when entering your 30's but its a simple pleasure that makes me happy.

Espirito Santo is a gourmet butcher which also has cafe. The menu and quality of the food is really exceptional.

The place is owned by a Brazilian expat. You can always trust a Brazilian when it comes to meat.


Visit Espirito Santo

No comments:

Post a Comment