Saturday, November 21, 2009

Handmade Noodles with Minced Meat @ LTN Food Village

LTN Food Village doesn't sound all that exciting but it happens to be my local food centre.

It's on 936 East Coast Rd, Siglap open 24 hours and I like to think of it as my extended dining room.

We practically eat out for every meal, so it's nice to be able to feel at home somewhere.

I had a dish today that was very exciting. It was minced meat tossed with fermented soya bean. Served on fresh crispy cucumber and hand made noodles ($4).


This dish was superb. The guy who owns the stall hand makes the noodles and dumpling. I'm actually intrigued by him every time I visit, he is quite a gentle man and has the physique of a former ballet dancer. All I know about him is he can cook.

I always like ordering this dish as the fermented soya bean taste reminds me of my mum cooking. This particular version is really nice as it was not over powering and you can taste the freshness of the garlic, ginger and chilli with the cucumber staying crisp. The texture of the noodles is also cooked al dente.

It is a very traditional Chinese dish but you could also take this as a light noodle salad. It was so good!


P.S I was told by a friend that this stall is actually pretty famous for their handmade noodle soups.

I have had their soups and am not convinced.

I can say that the minced meat noodle and steamed Shanghai dumpling have been perfected.

No comments:

Post a Comment